There are many situations that are difficult for Americans. They include taxes and the payment of taxes. They include the loss of a loved one. They include work stress, such as dealing with a rude and demanding boss or dealing with responsibilities that are usually covered by someone else. One difficult situation in America is simple.
And it’s something that most every American is going to face at least once. It is the car accident.
There are statistics about car accidents that are worth noting. Some of them concern the amount of car accidents that happen each and every year. Some of them concern the kinds of fatal car accidents and the implicating factors in these accidents. Some of them concern routine issues like flat tires that can lead to accidents.
They are included in the section below.
- There are approximately 6 million car accidents in the U.S. each year.
- There are approximately seven tire punctures every second in the U.S., resulting in 220 million flat tires per year. Statistics show that the average driver will experience up to five flat tires in their lifetime.
- According to a study by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, driver fatigue is a factor in 13% of truck accidents.
- A jack-knife accident occurs when the trailer comes into contact with the tractor. This is inevitable once the trailer exceeds a 45-degree angle compared to the tractor.
- Hundreds of thousands of people are killed in car accidents every year.
- The three leading causes of fatal car accidents are drunk driving, distracted driving, and aggressive driving, with weather related crashes being the fourth.
- Over 30,000 people are killed in alcohol-related crashes every year.
- In every moment of daylight in America, hundreds of thousands of people are manipulating electronic devices while they drive.
When there is a car accident or when a situation occurs where a car is damaged significantly and cannot be driven, there are options for the car owner. But those options generally end up with a simple call to Triple AAA or another car emergency company. And these companies call a tow truck.
There are many statistics about tow trucks that are worth noting in this article. There are many statistics about tractor trailers as well that are worth noting. Both play a role in accidents or accident recuperation and recovery when it comes to vehicles. The statistics are included in the following section.
- In 2013, trucking transported nearly 15 billion tons of cargo. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that by 2040, that number is expected to increase to 18.79 billion tons.
- The average weight of a semi-truck is about 80,000 pounds, while the average car weighs around 5,000 lbs.
- An 18-wheeler takes about 40% longer to stop than a car.
- Harsh weather conditions have boosted demand for automobile towing services over the past five years.
- There were 3.5 million truck drivers employed in in the U.S. in 2015.
Trailer repair, for a tractor trailer, is an important part in the process of keeping a tractor trailer up and running. Trailer repair, which can include numerous things, enables a trucker to keep their trailer on the road. Trailers sometimes get damaged, making them in need of trailer repair. Trailer repair may be costly but beneficial.
There are many terms associated with tractor trailers, trailer repair, car accidents, and the kinds of people who deal with these issues, generally speaking. The terms include truck and trailer repair, recovery services, lockout services, roadside assistance, car recovery, car towing, and more.
One of the issues associated with accidents is that a person may be rattled to the point where they do not know what to do. This is a good time for the person to put in a call to an organization that can handle such situations. One good one is Triple AAA, which puts together tow truck drivers and people who have been in accidents.
Handling an accident can be a statement in a person’s ability to handle crises. The situation of a car accident involves a great deal of stress and they must be able to navigate many different issues, including car repair and possible towing, handling the insurance issues, and being without a vehicle.
There are many ways to handle such situations. Knowing how to handle stress is critical to doing the right job.