It is no secret that Americans love their cars. Many people throughout the country opt for used cars. Edmunds has reported that in the first quarter of 2015 there were about 9.81 million used cars sold around the country. There are a lot of good reasons to buy a used car, here are a few of them:
- You will save money with a used car. This is one of the main reasons to buy a used car. People who need a vehicle to get to work and to get their family around may not be able to afford a new car. For them, the used car dealership may be the best place to go to get the vehicle they need. New research indicates that when people buy used cars, they typically save about $13,500.
- You can get a CPO car. Certified pre-owned (CPO) cars are generally guaranteed by the car dealership to be the same quality as the new cars they sell. Many of these cars were leased by someone for about three years before they went to the CPO section of the car lot. This is another one of the big reasons to buy a used car. Having this kind of certification can give you more peace of mind about your purchase.
- Used cars are reliable. You can get a very reliable used vehicle. When you talk to a used car dealer, they have cars that are very reliable. The cars come the same guarantees that accompany any new car that they sell. If you go to any of the used car dealerships in your area, you will be able to find a good quality car that will last you a long time. A lot of the reason you can depend on used cars is that the quality of new cars is much better than it used to be. Unless a car has ben truly abused, it should be in good shape when you buy it used.
- You can learn everything about the car. If you have a car’s vehicle identification number or VIN, you can get to know everything about that vehicle. You can find out who owned the vehicle before, its registration status, all of the repairs that it has ever had, whatever accidents it has been in, what kinds of issues it has had and how far it has been driven. Whenever you consider buying a used car, from an individual or from a used car dealer, you have to look into that car’s history.
- You can get better financing terms and rates. People sometimes have to pay a higher interest rate when they buy a used vehicle but because interest rates are low overall, most used car dealers are able to make really great deals for people when they buy their CPO cars and trucks. It is very possible to negotiate a really good financing deal when you buy a used car. When you are thinking about purchasing a vehicle the great financing deals are great reasons to buy a used car.
- You can get more features. If you buy a new car and you want all bells and whistles, you will end up spending a lot more money than if you go with a used car and the same features. When you look at used cars, you can get makes and models that are upgraded versions for a lot less than you would spend if you looked at the new versions of those cars. Before you go car shopping, you should make a list of what you need and what you want and then look at new and used cars that have those features.
Note: Before you head about to buy any car, new or used, you should see if you can get a car loan from the financial institution that you use. If you walk into the car dealer with a deal in hand, you will have a better chance of getting a better financing offer from the car dealership.
There are a number of reasons to buy a used car. These are just a few of them. When you go car shopping, just take your time and you will get the right car.